男女羞羞视频在线观看,国产精品黄色免费,麻豆91在线视频,美女被羞羞免费软件下载,国产的一级片,亚洲熟色妇,天天操夜夜摸,一区二区三区在线电影
Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / International spotlight

WHO calls for attention on care facilities

By CHEN WEIHUA in Brussels | China Daily | Updated: 2020-08-01 10:34
Share
Share - WeChat
Lily Hendrickx, 83, a resident at a nursing home, enjoy hugs with Marie-Christine Desoer, director of the residence, through a divider made with plastic sheets in Peruwelz, Belgium, on July 1. [Photo/Agencies]

The World Health Organization has called for special attention to long-term care facilities, which have recorded a disproportionately high number of deaths due to COVID-19.

In many countries, more than 40 percent of coronavirus-related deaths have been linked to long-term care facilities, and up to 80 percent in some high-income countries, according to the WHO.

"We must all learn to live with the virus, and to take the steps necessary to live our lives, while protecting ourselves and others-especially those at highest risk of COVID-19," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual news conference from Geneva on Thursday.

He noted the vulnerability of older people, especially those living in long-term care facilities.

The WHO released a policy brief last week on preventing and managing COVID-19 in long-term care facilities. It lists key actions that must be taken by policymakers and national and local authorities to protect older people.

Thursday marks six months since the WHO declared the novel coronavirus a public health emergency of international concern, the highest level of alarm under international regulations.

The New York Times reported that by July 23, 59,000 deaths and 335,000 cases were detected in US long-term care facilities, accounting for 42 percent of the total deaths and 8 percent of the cases.

The virus has claimed more than 150,000 lives in the US, by far the highest death toll in the world, with more than half a million fatalities around the globe.

There were 72,238 new infections officially recorded in the US on Thursday, meaning the country has seen nearly 4.5 million infections since the beginning of the pandemic.

In Europe, countries such as Belgium, France, Ireland, Norway and Spain saw more than half of their COVID-19 deaths coming from long-term care facilities, according to the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control.

Tedros warned that young people are at risk, too."One of the challenges we face is convincing younger people of this risk," he said, adding that evidence suggests that spikes of cases in some countries are being driven in part by younger people letting down their guard during the northern hemisphere summer.

"Young people can be infected; young people can die; and young people can transmit the virus to others," Tedros said.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 九江市| 广灵县| 阜阳市| 洛阳市| 忻州市| 双峰县| 徐州市| 深圳市| 东方市| 龙山县| 永修县| 西宁市| 吉安县| 苏尼特右旗| 乌兰浩特市| 鄂托克旗| 荃湾区| 白城市| 十堰市| 阜城县| 玉屏| 东台市| 浦城县| 麻阳| 淮滨县| 大洼县| 宕昌县| 那曲县| 红河县| 宾川县| 保德县| 辽中县| 湘乡市| 和平县| 扶风县| 水城县| 卫辉市| 普宁市| 庆城县| 梧州市| 新巴尔虎左旗| 汝阳县| 泌阳县| 永修县| 界首市| 安多县| 隆化县| 南溪县| 永川市| 昌吉市| 东台市| 霍州市| 本溪| 尼勒克县| 嘉义县| 泸定县| 沽源县| 贞丰县| 乌拉特前旗| 独山县| 临洮县| 长垣县| 铅山县| 泽州县| 阳原县| 黑水县| 秀山| 华阴市| 廉江市| 禹州市| 宁陵县| 郑州市| 莎车县| 邵阳市| 德惠市| 新宾| 玉林市| 天长市| 桐梓县| 秦安县| 卓资县| 泗洪县|