男女羞羞视频在线观看,国产精品黄色免费,麻豆91在线视频,美女被羞羞免费软件下载,国产的一级片,亚洲熟色妇,天天操夜夜摸,一区二区三区在线电影
Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

NYC restaurants, bars prepare heaters for outdoor dining to survive in winter: media

Xinhua | Updated: 2020-11-19 01:59
Share
Share - WeChat
People walk by the Roosevelt Hotel, one of New York's oldest and most storied hotels, stands empoty on October 13, 2020 in New York City. [Photo/Agencies]

NEW YORK - Pummeled by the COVID-19 pandemic and enduring stricter and lengthier restrictions than their counterparts in other areas of the state, most New York City's restaurants and bars still stick to their businesses by preparing heaters for outdoor dining in the winter, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

"Many are buying propane and electric heaters to keep outdoor diners warm. Others are upgrading their indoor ventilation systems and doubling down on delivery," said the paper.

As of Nov. 2, about 400 restaurants had filed paperwork with the Fire Department of New York to use outdoor propane heaters, which were previously banned in New York City, it said.

"The added costs are especially hard to stomach, given the uncertainty around further restrictions and in light of the fact that many restaurants can't afford to pay their rent," it added.

Restaurants and bars were restricted to takeout and delivery from late March until outdoor dining began on June 22. Indoor dining was banned until Sept. 30 and remains limited to 25 percent capacity, while restaurants elsewhere in New York State are allowed 50 percent capacity.

The prospect of loosening capacity restrictions dimmed last week, as New York City's infection rate steadily climbed toward the 3 percent threshold and Governor Andrew Cuomo enacted a statewide 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew on indoor and outdoor dining at all establishments with state liquor licenses.

The current situation has already forced some catering entities to the verge of bankruptcy -- a recent survey of more than 400 restaurants, bars and nightlife establishments by the industry group NYC Hospitality Alliance found 88 percent couldn't pay their full rent in October and 30 percent paid no rent at all.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the coronavirus deaths added up to 24,146 and the confirmed cases to 285,275 in New York City, according to The City, a project that tracks the spread of confirmed COVID-19 infections and fatalities in New York City, based on information provided by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, the governor's office, The COVID Tracking Project and the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 苍梧县| 来凤县| 喀喇| 镇坪县| 临潭县| 青神县| 漳浦县| 山西省| 大英县| 兰坪| 长垣县| 林芝县| 吴桥县| 焉耆| 金沙县| 丰原市| 定南县| 海口市| 皮山县| 平定县| 弋阳县| 秀山| 湘阴县| 瑞金市| 定边县| 南汇区| 宜都市| 广安市| 潼关县| 鲁甸县| 耿马| 德化县| 平潭县| 崇仁县| 腾冲县| 仙居县| 苍山县| 买车| 大埔县| 永嘉县| 福建省| 景德镇市| 微山县| 乡城县| 肇庆市| 临沧市| 杨浦区| 日照市| 哈尔滨市| 酒泉市| 顺平县| 习水县| 神池县| 华坪县| 登封市| 察雅县| 罗城| 奉化市| 靖西县| 荥阳市| 岑巩县| 自治县| 民丰县| 浦东新区| 西青区| 达拉特旗| 精河县| 德昌县| 集安市| 文昌市| 定边县| 金溪县| 卢氏县| 凤山市| 武平县| 沅江市| 达州市| 成都市| 东平县| 乌鲁木齐县| 伊川县| 宝清县|