男女羞羞视频在线观看,国产精品黄色免费,麻豆91在线视频,美女被羞羞免费软件下载,国产的一级片,亚洲熟色妇,天天操夜夜摸,一区二区三区在线电影
Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Croatia to shut restaurants amid COVID-19 spike

Xinhua | Updated: 2020-11-27 10:16
Share
Share - WeChat
A cafe owner watches the announcement of new measures against the COVID-19 pandemic in Zagreb, Croatia, Nov 26, 2020. [Photo/Xinhua]

ZAGREB - Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic on Thursday announced strict new measures to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, as a record high of 4,009 new cases and 51 deaths were recorded in the past 24 hours.

The new measures which will be effective on Saturday and last at least until Dec. 21 include the closure of cafes, bars, and restaurants. Schools will remain open until further notice.

Plenkovic explained that the government had to introduce new restrictions because earlier measures had not stopped the surge in coronavirus cases.

"The key is our behavior. Even if a small number of people do not adhere to the measures, the infection will continue to spread, so even these measures will not be enough," Plenkovic told a press conference after a cabinet meeting, urging people to act responsibly and avoid any unnecessary physical contact.

"Complete lockdown is not realistic, neither economically nor politically," Plenkovic noted.

Churches, stores, and cultural and entertainment institutions can continue operating with special restrictions. All public gatherings of over 25 people are banned while private celebrations can be organized for 10 people at most. To prevent party at home, the government also banned the sale of alcohol after 10 p.m.

Public transport travel will be limited as much as possible. Employers are encouraged to introduce working from home, where it is possible, or organize working shifts.

"First, we have to implement the new measures. Second, we have to expand testing. Third, maintain the health system and, fourth, effectively prepare for the distribution of vaccines," the prime minister said after introducing the new measures.

Since Feb. 25, when the first case was reported in the southeastern European country with a population of 4 million, 115,626 people have been infected, of whom 1,552 have died, according to Croatian Institute of Public Health.

As the world is struggling to contain the pandemic, countries include Germany, China, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States are racing to find a vaccine. Croatia has ordered COVID-19 vaccines from several companies via the European Union, and their delivery can be expected in the country as soon as they are registered, Plenkovic said earlier this month.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 六安市| 宜兰县| 芜湖县| 长丰县| 湘乡市| 瑞丽市| 故城县| 绍兴市| 阿拉善左旗| 娱乐| 云安县| 新余市| 乌审旗| 郓城县| 平遥县| 黔西县| 库尔勒市| 积石山| 江达县| 丽江市| 孙吴县| 河曲县| 广丰县| 镇宁| 全椒县| 新巴尔虎右旗| 抚州市| 潮州市| 荔波县| 石景山区| 德清县| 威海市| 中卫市| 峨山| 韶山市| 广德县| 普洱| 龙川县| 浠水县| 颍上县| 麟游县| 武邑县| 安庆市| 武隆县| 盐源县| 洪洞县| 宜春市| 县级市| 巴中市| 勐海县| 盐津县| 神农架林区| 大埔县| 鹿泉市| 永新县| 夏河县| 岳普湖县| 广安市| 东乡| 高碑店市| 射阳县| 诸城市| 蒙山县| 会东县| 城固县| 方城县| 从化市| 肥东县| 同心县| 鄢陵县| 阳高县| 淮南市| 汉源县| 宽城| 肃宁县| 白城市| 丽水市| 蒙阴县| 珲春市| 准格尔旗| 阿坝| 老河口市|