HK sees 104 new cases on eve of tougher virus curbs
Chuang said that four new patients were residents of the Kwai Shing West Estate Block 8, which now has a total of 22 infections.
The government would issue a notice of mandatory testing for all people who had been to the block after Nov 18 and stayed for more than 120 minutes.
A construction worker at the site of the Tseung Kwan O – Lam Tin Tunnel was confirmed infected and five others tested preliminarily positive. All their co-workers will undergo mandatory virus testing, Chuang said.
Mandatory testing orders would also be given to the employees of the Yata supermarket in Sha Tin who have been to the first or second floor of their workplace after Nov 28, as well as people who have visited Kam Fung Court Block C Kam Wai House in Ma On Shan and stayed there for more than two hours after Nov 19.
Starting Thursday, Hong Kong will prohibit dine-in services at restaurants after 6 pm while gyms, sports venues, fitness clubs and massage and beauty salons will also be shut down as the city grapples with the fourth wave of coronavirus cases.
- China launches new satellite into space
- Families remember Nanjing Massacre victims as national memorial day approaches
- Fujian intangible cultural heritage draws visitors at Kaohsiung travel fair in Taiwan
- Innovative app launched to strengthen nationwide HIV prevention efforts
- Experts urge stronger collaboration on global health
- Millions vie for civil?service jobs
































