男女羞羞视频在线观看,国产精品黄色免费,麻豆91在线视频,美女被羞羞免费软件下载,国产的一级片,亚洲熟色妇,天天操夜夜摸,一区二区三区在线电影
Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Swedish king criticizes country's COVID-19 pandemic strategy in speech

Xinhua | Updated: 2020-12-18 16:15
Share
Share - WeChat
A person waring a protective mask collects coronavirus self tests from people in cars at a testing site in the car park of Svagertorp railway station, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Malmo, Sweden, Nov 27, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

STOCKHOLM - Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf has criticized the Swedish government's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, Swedish Television reported on Thursday.

"I believe we have failed. We have a high number of deaths and that is terrible," the king said in an annual review known as "the year with the Swedish Royal Family", which will be broadcast on Swedish Television next week.

"It's been an awful year," the king said in the program, recalling "the grief and the frustration among many families and also many business owners who are on their knees and may lose their companies".

"The Swedish people have suffered enormously under difficult circumstances," he said.

His son Prince Carl Philip and daughter-in-law Princess Sofia tested positive for COVID-19 last month after displaying flu-like symptoms.

The King also said he felt for the families who were unable to say farewell to their dying relatives, calling the experience "heavy and traumatic".

Asked for his response to the king's statement, Sweden's state epidemiologist at the Public Health Agency Anders Tegnell said he had "no comment".

"It is deeply regrettable that many people have died but whether or not we have failed is a question. I will have to leave to those who will review all of this in the future," Tegnell said Thursday at a press conference.

Swedish Television published the extract from its forthcoming royal review program just two days after the government-appointed "corona commission" issued a harsh verdict against Sweden's inadequate efforts to protect the elderly. Nearly half of the country's COVID-19 deaths have occurred in care homes.

At a press conference on Thursday, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven conceded that the elderly care system lacked resources in response to the pandemic and said that Sweden will start vaccinating high-risk groups some time between Dec 27 and Dec 29.

As of Thursday, Sweden registered 357,466 COVID-19 cases, with the death toll reaching 7,893, while 3,691 patients have been admitted to ICUs throughout the pandemic in the country, according to the Public Health Agency.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 会泽县| 鄂托克旗| 乾安县| 平舆县| 江阴市| 温宿县| 四子王旗| 漠河县| 镇江市| 娄烦县| 汉阴县| 偃师市| 苏尼特右旗| 海阳市| 扬州市| 隆昌县| 措勤县| 义乌市| 合水县| 西城区| 泗洪县| 荆州市| 雅安市| 昭觉县| 乌恰县| 南充市| 商城县| 江源县| 普洱| 北海市| 宜黄县| 滨海县| 西宁市| 曲靖市| 镶黄旗| 定南县| 尉犁县| 梅河口市| 定安县| 安龙县| 佛冈县| 临泽县| 丹寨县| 宝鸡市| 菏泽市| 阳高县| 来宾市| 克东县| 多伦县| 乌什县| 广水市| 靖远县| 建水县| 汝南县| 天祝| 邹平县| 石屏县| 西和县| 抚松县| 上饶市| 长岛县| 长乐市| 临汾市| 仙桃市| 全州县| 宁津县| 晋江市| 辽源市| 汽车| 新蔡县| 芜湖市| 临汾市| 汉川市| 河西区| 锦屏县| 沛县| 桑日县| 乌拉特前旗| 浦县| 怀集县| 三穗县| 威信县|