East China city to conduct 3rd round of COVID-19 tests
HEFEI -- The city of Lu'an in East China's Anhui province will conduct a third round of nucleic acid testing for COVID-19, local health authorities said Friday.
Starting 2 pm Saturday until Monday, Lu'an will conduct nucleic acid testing for residents in the main districts and key areas, said the municipal health commission.
Lu'an started its second round of COVID-19 testing on May 17. As of May 19, a total of 1,050,298 samples had been tested, all of which came back negative.
As of Thursday, Lu'an had registered five confirmed cases of local transmissions and 12 asymptomatic cases in the recent resurgence of the virus.
Health authorities in Anhui said earlier that the province's recent local transmission cases were related to a training session at a photo studio in the city's Yu'an district.
- Tianjin Hospital hosts Malaysian orthopedic experts to deepen China-ASEAN medical exchange
- How China aims to reach 80-year average life expectancy by 2030
- Home visits and WeChat platform aid Ningxia patients
- PBOC fast-tracks Hong Kong fire donations
- Hong Kong mourns victims of devastating Tai Po fire
- Memorial service held for victims of Hong Kong's residential building fire































