男女羞羞视频在线观看,国产精品黄色免费,麻豆91在线视频,美女被羞羞免费软件下载,国产的一级片,亚洲熟色妇,天天操夜夜摸,一区二区三区在线电影
Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Child among 4 victims in California shooting

China Daily | Updated: 2021-04-02 10:11
Share
Share - WeChat
Police officers arrive at the scene of a shooting in Orange, California, on Wednesday. [LEONARD ORTIZ/GETTY IMAGES]

LOS ANGELES-Four people, including a child, were shot and killed on Wednesday evening at an office building in Southern California, police said.

Police said they responded to reports of a shooting in the city of Orange around 5:30 pm local time and found "multiple victims at the scene including fatalities" where shots were fired.

Four people were pronounced dead at the scene and two others were transported to nearby hospitals, said the Metro City Fire Authority Dispatch, an emergency organization providing fire and emergency medical services to over 1.2 million residents in Southern California, including the city of Orange.

The shooting in California is the third such incident in the United States in weeks, with 18 people killed in two separate gun violence incidents in March.

The killings follow a mass shooting at a supermarket in Boulder, Colorado, last week that left 10 people dead. A week before that, six Asian women were among eight people killed in three Atlanta-area spas by a white gunman.

Video clips posted by the local ABC 7 news channel online showed the fatal incident occurred around a business complex in California, where at least two bodies were found outside the building, one on a second floor walkway, and the other in a courtyard.

There were also bloody clothes and what appeared to be a weapon on the scene as officers investigated.

A young woman told ABC 7 she heard two distinct sets of shots, one apparently the initial shooting and the other the gunfire exchange between the suspect and police.

"I was just in my room hanging out. All of a sudden I heard five to seven gun shots go off," the witness said. "And then I waited a couple minutes and the police came. And I heard a few more gunshots go off. It was a lot, quickly. Then the helicopter showed up and it was silent after that."

'Horrifying, heartbreaking'

In a tweet, Governor Gavin Newsom called the killings "horrifying and heartbreaking".

"Our hearts are with the families impacted by this terrible tragedy tonight," he wrote.

The shooter, whose motivations are so far unknown, sustained a gunshot wound and was taken to hospital, police lieutenant Jennifer Amat said, adding the suspect was in a critical condition.

People gathered outside the building after the shooting hoping to get word about loved ones.

Paul Tovar told KTLA-TV his brother owns a business there, Unified Homes, a mobile home broker."He's not answering his phone, neither's my niece," Tovar said. "I'm pretty scared and worried ... right now I'm just praying really hard."

Orange police said it was that city's deadliest shooting since 1997.

The city of Orange is about 50 kilometers southeast of Los Angeles and home to about 140,000 people.

Agencies - Xinhua

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 清水河县| 锡林郭勒盟| 陆河县| 炎陵县| 博客| 通榆县| 平和县| 雅安市| 尉犁县| 玉山县| 吉水县| 玉林市| 旺苍县| 合川市| 广丰县| 雷州市| 青浦区| 沙坪坝区| 沾化县| 玉溪市| 饶河县| 苍溪县| 远安县| 鸡泽县| 河间市| 安新县| 简阳市| 平舆县| 绵竹市| 进贤县| 红原县| 南平市| 将乐县| 西华县| 平塘县| 张家界市| 东方市| 安阳市| 梧州市| 连州市| 卫辉市| 通许县| 含山县| 六枝特区| 钟祥市| 阿克陶县| 龙口市| 惠州市| 赤城县| 炎陵县| 邢台县| 本溪市| 南康市| 阳江市| 汝阳县| 长乐市| 乐平市| 七台河市| 中西区| 加查县| 阿克苏市| 昌都县| 手游| 溧阳市| 得荣县| 儋州市| 天峻县| 绥中县| 长白| 玉田县| 武乡县| 玉环县| 永州市| 万安县| 开原市| 游戏| 龙江县| 平阴县| 横山县| 丰镇市| 峨眉山市| 马尔康县|